Emergent creates next-generation immersive entertainment experiences. We’re led by veterans from DreamWorks, Disney, and 2K, and we’re backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley. Our team works with the best companies and brands to create the future of mixed reality entertainment.
Emergent is looking for a Technical Artist to join the team. You will work directly with the founders and content team to create mixed reality entertainment experiences for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
You’re excited about the new types of experiences possible in AR/VR, and want to get your hands dirty working with both the art and content pipeline of a mixed reality studio. You are interested in creating beautiful assets as well as improving and extending the production pipeline through scripting and tools. You’re a self-motivated team player with great communication skills and a passion to be part of the virtual reality revolution.
- Create tools and scripts for other artists.
- Extend and improve the asset creation pipeline.
- Work with other artists to troubleshoot issues and improve workflow.
- Contribute to asset creation and refinement.
- Experience creating assets using Autodesk Maya.
- Experience creating custom shelf tools in Maya.
- Experience scripting in C#, MEL, or Python.
- Previous technical artist (game) or technical director (film/animation) experience.
- Strong digital art skills and portfolio.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Virtual Reality.
- Previous VR experience.
- C++ programming experience.