Emergent creates next-generation immersive entertainment experiences. We’re led by veterans from DreamWorks, Disney, and 2K, and we’re backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley. Our team works with the best companies and brands to create the future of mixed reality entertainment.
Emergent is looking for a Game Designer to join the team. You will work directly with the founders and engineering team to design multiplayer mixed reality entertainment experiences for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
You’re a designer that is excited about the new types of experiences possible in AR/VR, and want experience building new types of human-computer interfaces for mixed reality applications. You will have the chance to be a pioneer: discover new user experience paradigms, and become a thought leader in the space. You have previous experience designing for real-time simulations in some capacity: worlds, characters, or interfaces. You’re a self-motivated team player with great communication skills and a passion to be part of the virtual reality revolution.
- Design gameplay mechanics for real-time interactive multiplayer mixed reality experiences.
- Conceptualize new types of interactions and gameplay mechanics for VR.
- Wireframe and prototype new features, and work with engineers to realize your vision.
- Ability to rapidly prototype concepts.
- Ability to design systems that balance the constraints of creative and engineering.
- Previous game design experience.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Virtual Reality.
- Previous VR design or development experience.
- Familiar with C# scripting.
- Digital or fine art skills and portfolio.